Thursday, November 19, 2015

Module 4 Reflection

DCSM4T Module 4 Reflection

4 weeks...just like that the class is over! It went by very quick, but not without a lot of good information and learning happening along the way. 

The biggest takeaway for me will be the use of Twitter. I had been on Twitter as one who took information from it, mostly following new stories or sports stories with a few education related people/organizations thrown in. All of these were mainly there for me to read up on if I felt a need to. After going through this course and learning about a PLN and finding the value in Twitterchats, I will be more of a producer on Twitter! There are so many people out there to connect with, and Twitter is a phenomenal resource to do just that, connect! I hope to continue my use of Twitter and continue to make valuable connections on it.

This blog is another tool I will commit to using. The blog provided a forced reflection :) Whenever I do sit down to think and reflect, I find it valuable, having a blog will provide more of an opportunity for that to happen and hopefully more growth results as well!

The digital footprint aspect of the course definitely made my use of social media change. I can control what I put on social media, so why not make sure there is a good footprint of me out there? With actions I can control, I need to make sure there is a good output with what I do share. Using Twitter well and posting relevant blogs will allow for a positive digital footprint.

The biggest challenge...time :) Life is full, but figuring out what priorities are will allow for the important things to get done and get done well.

Thanks #DCSM4T!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tyler, please forgive me for commenting on your module 3 post here, but I was unable to do so there. What I appreciated was how you stressed that we need to do things with deliberateness. When looking for information, we need to be conscious of, and deliberate about, the fact that we are learning. So just clicking and reading are not enough-we need to make a point of remembering what we have learned. The second was that we need to be deliberate about who we connect with as we seek to grow as teachers. Excellent points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Life is full"...yes it is!! I like your comment about making priorities. We do indeed need to deliberate about how we use our time and how we expect students to use theirs. It has been great connecting with people from this course. Have a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You nailed it it with the "life is full". But it is full because I fill it with things. Once I figure out what are the important items and which are just time-wasters, once I figure out how to be productive, once I find out how best use the resources available to me, maybe then "full" will become manageable.

    ReplyDelete